Profoundly committed to providing effervescence

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Two weeks?


This is one of my favorite pics. Me (in blue with white helmet) talking to the locals in San Gimignano, Italy. Oh I miss being there...



Biking in the warm Tuscan sun. How come Piper and I look like we are suffering and my friend Pete is just smiling?

I haven't ridden my bike at all this week. Or this past weekend. Actually this past Sunday marked a week since I'd been in the saddle. And before that it was almost 2 weeks. I miss it.

I've been running more as the weather gets colder and trying to maintain some fitness that way, but I am having a hard time dressing in full winter gear getting out on my bike. I am not sure why as I normally don't mind the cold and actually do better in the cold than in the heat in regards to exercise. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that it's dark when I find I can ride these days and darkness makes it feel colder.

So, I'm a wuss.

No more I say! I am resolving here, right now, that starting next Monday (the 20th) to get back out there and just toughen myself up for winter. Acclimate, if you will. I will start being thankful and stop whining. Also I plan to stuff myself on Thanksgiving (I love all that food ) so I should probably start burning some of those calories now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linden said...

Go for it!

I believe that the difference between those who can handle MN winters and those who (supposedly) cannot is just finding the right long underwear. I'm sure you've got 'em... that has really eased the transition to coldness for me (and, of course, we are just getting started).

6:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you'd be back

12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home