Profoundly committed to providing effervescence

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I miss this guy


A friend of mine yesterday (whom happens to be a Republican) accused me of voting strictly along party lines. Saying that I only vote on the side with the person who has DFL behind his or her name. I mostly agreed at first, but then realized that isn't entirely true. I support Jim Ramstad and he's a Republican, and I agonized about voting for Hatch. I wanted to vote for Hutchison, but when it came down to it, it was a race against Pawlenty and I wanted him gone. While Hatch wasn't my first choice he still out ranked Pawlenty and I had to throw my vote where it had the most pull. Instant Run-Off Voting will help with this problem in the future and maybe, just maybe we'll get someone back like Paul Wellstone, but probably not. He was a rare and special individual who was so important. I think for certain he'd want us to keep the good fight up. He's missed so much most days, but his absence seems so much more prominent during times like this, for the obvious reasons. The democrats won back the House in this election and I don't know if that means anything will change. Time will show us all. I'm convinced that it's not about doing it "better than the Republicans", but more the idea that we can just do better, period. Wellstone said it best. "We all do better when we all do better."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You voted - you have license.

12:22 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Yeah...I have a few stories about Wellstone.

2:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home